About the Company
New Roots Herbal is a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of high-quality natural health products. Founded in 1985, our newly constructed and expanded head office, state-of-art laboratory and manufacturing facility is located in Vaudreuil-Dorion. With over 100 employees, we produce, market and distribute over 335 different natural health products to over 16 countries through 8,600 independent natural-products stores. Through our Choose to Care program, we have donated over $1.5 million to foundations and charities that support the environment as well families and children in need.
About the Position
As our business continues to grow, we are now strengthening our Accounting Department. Reporting to the VP Executive Affairs, this newly created position will be supported by the Assistant Controller as well as the rest of the accounting team. We are seeking a candidate that can enhance our financial depth, including improving accounting policies, processes, reporting and analysis.
Budgets and Planning
· Set up 12-month and 3-year budgets.
· Monitor monthly results and compare to budgets.
· Update budgets for changing conditions.
· Submit concise monthly progress reports and discuss with management.
· Assist in developing corrective action plans so that budgets can be achieved.
Accounting Processes and Internal Controls
· Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures, internal controls and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to management.
· Develop and implement financial policies of the Company and improve processes where applicable.
· Ensure appropriateness of inventory costing processes and inventory valuations.
· Ensure that raw material, work in process and finished goods inventory costing details are compiled and maintained accurately on a monthly basis and that labour and all overhead costs are compiled and properly applied.
· Manage Accounts Payable functions to ensure all invoices are entered timely and accurately, expenses are appropriately approved and coded for payment, cash flow is managed, vendor relations are managed / prioritized and obligations are met on a timely fashion.
· Manage Accounts Receivable functions by approving all new or modified customer credit limits, reviewing receivable ageing, taking corrective actions, overseeing collection activities and ensuring timely and accurate customer invoicing and collection.
· Review payrolls and ensure properly posted.
· Ensure intercompany accounts are balanced on a monthly basis.
· Identify any database weaknesses and oversee database cleaning to ensure reporting accuracy.
Financial Statements and Management Reports
· Responsible for month-end close, overseeing and preparing reconciliations, schedules and journal entries and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of monthly financial information.
· Review & report on monthly financial statements, monthly budgets, variances, KPI tracking and projections.
· Weekly flash reports and quarterly reporting
· Oversee preparation of the year-end file.
· Act as the primary contact for all audits.
· Assist in corporate tax planning.
· Oversee design, development and regular preparation of other key management reports such as profitability analysis by customer or product.
· Manage cash flow planning.
· Review inventory and receivable levels and recommend corrective actions.
· Identify areas of cost saving and efficiency opportunities.
· Oversee accounting and reporting of other minor legal entities in the group.
· Manage daily activities of the Finance department.
· Oversee preparation of GST/QST reports and other government reporting requirements.
· Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff and ensure deadlines are met and procedures followed.
· Supervise and oversee training of accounting / office staff.
· Evaluate accounting staff and propose remuneration.
· Ensure compliance with government financial regulations and filings.
Management Information Systems
Identify areas where the Company can benefit from further IT deployment, assist in the planning and implementation of any additional system development.
|By mail:||Human Resources|
|Vaudreuil-Dorion (QC) J7V 5V5|