About the Company
New Roots Herbal is a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of high-quality natural health products. Founded in 1985, our newly constructed and expanded head office, state-of-art laboratory and manufacturing facility is located in Vaudreuil-Dorion. With over 100 employees, we produce, market and distribute over 335 different natural health products to over 16 countries through 8,600 independent natural-products stores. Through our Choose to Care program, we have donated over $1.5 million to foundations and charities that support the environment as well families and children in need.
About the Position
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, we are looking to add a versatile team member that can help manage our inventory costing while also assisting in accounts payable. The ideal candidate will have experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Assist in ensuring that product costing is up-to-date and accurate in the ERP system.
· Regularly review costs and update where required to ensure accuracy in cost and inventory valuation.
· Perform margin analysis by customer or product and report on variances.
· Review inventory adjustments for necessary approvals.
· Review inventory sub-ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis and assist in any required reconciliations.
· Assist in month-end closing activities, including accuracy of manufacturing overhead expenses, overhead allocations inventory and cost of goods sold.
· Set up new vendors in the ERP system ensuring that vendor information and payment terms are correct.
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval per Company guidelines and policies prior to processing for payment.
· Match invoices to purchase orders and receiving evidence as required.
· Handle general accounts payable inquiries directly with suppliers.
· Follow up with vendors to resolve any disputes or seek required clarifications.
· Enter approved invoices into the ERP system.
· Process expense reports and credit card statements, ensure all supporting documentation is attached, ensure all expenses are in accordance with Company policies and are properly coded within the ERP system.
· Communicate to management any expenses outside of Company policy.
· Assist in reconciliation of vendor statements.
· Interface with Purchasing and Receiving departments to investigate and resolve any issues.
· Assist AR department in verifying invoices, processing credit card payments and emailing invoices as needed.
· Assist in processing credit notes as needed.
· Update schedule of fixed asset additions on a monthly basis.
· Produce other financial reports and analysis as required.
· Relevant cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Relevant full cycle accounts payable experience.
· Experience with ERP systems, SAP Business One is a plus.
· Good knowledge of Excel and pivot tables.
· Good communication skills in French and English.
· High attention to detail, analytical and good organization skills.
· Team player, works efficiently under pressure and respects deadlines.
· Post secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline, or 5 years of relevant experience.
|By mail:||Human Resources|
|Vaudreuil-Dorion (QC) J7V 5V5|