- ½ cup of date purée
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil (lukewarm)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. New Roots Herbal’s Stevia Sugar, or a pinch of Stevia White Powder Concentrate or Smooth Stevia
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used ¼ cup brown rice flour, ¼ cup quinoa flour, and ½ cup almond flour)
- A pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In a bowl, mix the dates, the apple sauce, the egg, the oil, and the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. You can also add ¼ cup raisins or dark chocolate chips.
Place dough with a spoon on a baking sheet. Put in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes.
Cover with boiling or very hot water 100 g (about ½ cup) of dates. Let stand for a few minutes, drain, and set the liquid aside. Purée with a hand blender. Add leftover liquid if necessary. The purée should remain relatively thick, but smooth.