New Roots Herbal is a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)–compliant, manufacturer of natural health products (NHPs). Peter Wilkes, founder of New Roots Herbal, began working in the health-food industry in 1973, at the first natural foods co‑op in Montreal. Then in 1977, Peter opened a very successful health-food store in Calgary, which was the largest store of its kind in North America at that time. In the mid-1980s, Peter took a new path and founded New Roots Herbal. This name symbolizes a rejuvenation of the body and mind, a changing of lifestyles from old harmful habits to healthy new beginnings. From the very start, the company endeavoured to produce the most therapeutic nutraceutical formulas available on the market. These formulas were designed to contribute to the prevention and cure of disease at their core.
New Roots Herbal originally began with only one product—the Body Rejuvenation Program. It has since grown into a multinational company that offers over 335 different natural health products, sold in over 16 countries and 8,600 locations.
Did you know…?
- New Roots Herbal started in 1985.
- Over 8,600 stores sell New Roots Herbal products worldwide. In Canada, simply go to our store locator to find a retail outlet near you.
- New Roots Herbal manufactures over 335 products.
- New Roots Herbal facility covers 60,000 sq. ft. (5,575 m²)
- Our laboratory investment exceeds 4.62 million dollars.
- New Roots Herbal distributes to more than 16 countries, thanks to the amazing work of over 100 employees.
- Since its inception in 2009 up to 2018, our Choose to Care program donated $993,362.
- The Choose to Care program donates to five environmental foundations/charities as well as six foundations/charities that help families, children, and people in need.
- New Roots Herbal sells exclusively to independent natural-products stores.