Gluten-Free Chocolate Lava Cake
Either to comfort yourself during a cold winter evening, or simply as a Valentine’s Day treat, what’s better than a good chocolate dessert? This gluten-free version of a molten center chocolate cake will surely warm your heart!
- 115 g dark chocolate
- 75 g margarine or butter or cocnut oil (For this recipe I used 40 g butter and 35 g coconut oil)
- 50 g organic raw sugar cane
- 3 eggs
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 15 g rice flour
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Butter and flour four, 125 ml (1/2 cup) ramekins.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar.
- In a saucepan, over very low heat, melt the butter/oil. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Gently stir in the previous mixture. Add flour and cocoa powder and mix.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins and cook in the center of the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Let stand 3-4 minutes.
- Turn them over immediately onto a plate. The center of the cake should be molten. Decorate with small red berries, if desired.
The cakes must be served a few minutes after leaving the oven, with the center still molten yet not too hot.
For this recipe, you must pay close attention to baking time to achieve ideal consistency.