Healthy Detox Soup
An original recipe developed according to the properties of selected vegetables, "like a formulation for pharmacological activity." This is a soup for the day after feasts and holidays, on occasion, for a mono diet or for a weight-loss diet as a "fat burner" soup, to be consumed preferably in the evening (one large bowl per person).
It's an ideal way to stay trim through the summer and into the first chills of autumn!
Quantities to be adapted according to the number of guests, desired storage time and preferences.
Keeps in the refrigerator for up to three days. (Can also be frozen.)
- Kale, pumpkin or zucchini (main vegetables, low in calories)
- Carrots or tomatoes, or both (for carotenoids and provitamin A)
- Leeks (for fiber)
- Turnips (for fiber)
- Garlic and onion (for the sulfur qualities of the isothiocyanates)
- Watercress (for the antibiotic properties of the glucosinolates)
- Broccoli (for the antibiotic properties of the glucosinolates)
- Celery (for the detoxifying phthalides)
- Fennel (carminative)
- Kombu (minerals and trace elements)
- Turmeric, ginger or both (Fresh or New Roots Herbal’s fermented powder)
- Ground pepper (improves turmeric absorption)
After cooking, add:
- Basil or tarragon
- Parsley or chervil
To avoid overnight storage of sugars, do not add salt or starchy foods (potatoes, peas, beans, etc.)
When cutting the vegetables, let your imagination flow. Lightly crush the garlic before cutting (to release the allicin). Cook over low heat.
This healthy detox soup recipe was inspired Dr. J. M. Morel, MD, DO, Phyto-Aroma Therapist.