Kale Bean Salad
- 1 cup kale, chopped finely
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup edamame beans or any other bean
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
Chop fresh kale finely and set aside.
Cook quinoa as per directions.
Mix together dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, black
pepper, and maple syrup). Set aside.
Mix together chickpeas, quinoa, kale, edamame beans, cranberries, and
pumpkin seeds. Coat with dressing and mix together well.
A registered dietician with the College of Dietitians
of Ontario, personal trainer, and family food expert
who specializes in women and child nutrition and
fitness, she loves helping families get healthy