Momentum Cold Brew
For this recipe, I recommend the most common ratio of water to coffee at 8:1.
You’ll definitely tinker with the potency to suit your taste buds.
- ½ cup coarsely ground dark roast
- 4 cups cold spring water (approximately 1 litre)
- 4 tbsp. of MCT Energy (100 calories per tbsp.)
- Almond milk to taste
- Pinch of Smooth Stevia to taste
- A dusting of finely ground cinnamon
A high-quality French press works great and retains more of the flavour‑rich oils from the bean than brewing and filtering with paper filters. Twenty-four hours of refrigerated steeping is optimal.
Plunge and let stand for an hour before pouring slowly into a Mason jar—this makes for a less cloudy brew—then add remaining ingredients, cover, and shake.
Blend 50/50 with unsweetened almond milk, which contains approximately 60 calories per cup.
Stores well refrigerated for a week.