One-Mug Hot Chocolate / Coconut Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1–2 tbsp. sugar, syrup, or sweetener of choice (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients together in mug.
- Heat milk (do not boil), add vanilla, and pour into mug.
- Mix well and enjoy!
- 1 can of coconut cream or coconut milk
- Refrigerate can for 12+ hours (do not freeze).
- Drain (clear) liquid; scoop hardened (white) cream into mixing bowl.
- Whip well with eggbeater or mechanical/stand mixer until peaks form.
- If not served immediately, store in fridge.
Dr. Katie DeGroot, BSc, ND, MScN
Dr. DeGroot is an Alberta-registered naturopathic doctor who also holds a Master of Science in Nutrition. She offers nutritionally focused care and has a special interest in digestive issues and supportive mental health-care.