Mango and Coconut Cream Popsicles
with Fermented Turmeric and Ginger
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of pureed mango with 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice (or fruit of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. of favourite granola (for bottom of each mold)
- 2 tsp. of honey, maple syrup, or natural syrup of your choice
- 1 tsp. of New Roots Herbal’s Fermented Turmeric
- 1 tsp. of New Roots Herbal’s Fermented Ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Small pinch of black pepper (helps activate turmeric’s anti-inflammatory benefits)
Blend all but the pureed mango and granola together until smooth.
In your popsicle mold, add 2 tbsp. of your favourite granola in to each mold.
Alternate adding coconut cream mixture and fruit puree mixture.
Place in freezer until set (about 3 hours) and enjoy!
For a refreshing tropical drink, pour over ice (alternating cream and fruit in layers) and garnish with granola!
Alternative Flavours: Add other pureed fruit in place of one of the cups of mango puree for additional flavours—berries taste super and are low in sugar and high in fibre!
Helpful Tip: Many fruits can be frozen while in season and used later on. This recipe works well with frozen fruit as well.
Makes 6 popsicles.
Tammy-Lynn McNabb, RHNC
A Registered Holistic Nutrition Counselor and television host/producer of Health Wellness & Lifestyle TV. She believes that eating healthy shouldn’t be difficult and should never compromise taste.